We can see already that a lot of people have been asking the question, in the real life and on the internet: Audio Technica ATH M50X or Sennheiser Momentum? While Audio Technica ATH M50X is indeed among the best pieces of headphones that you can get just under US$150, and this is furtherly emphasized by the fact that it is among the best-selling headphones even until now, Sennheiser Momentum also seems like an excellent deal. Should you choose Audio Technica ATH M50X or Sennheiser Momentum? Well, the short answer is Audio Technica ATH M50X, though Sennheiser Momentum is still viable for one and a few reasons. Why?
Audio Output Quality
We will start with their sound reproduction quality and several things related to that. Both use Neodymium magnets, which means that they are both excellent in generating powerful and full bass without compromising the details of treble. However, Audio Technica ATH M50X has much wider frequency response range than Sennheiser Momentum, making its overall performance deeper and brighter. Even so, Audio Technica ATH M50X consumes more power than Sennheiser Momentum in order to reach the desired loudness, which should not be a problem in a studio but can be an issue for mobile users. If you want a headphone for going out while listening to some music from your gadget, Sennheiser Momentum will eat less battery than Audio Technica ATH M50X.
Connectivity and Additional Features
Audio Technica ATH M50X is slightly better in versatility due to using detachable cables. It accepts both 3.5 mm and 6.35 mm inputs, and is coming with three cable choices that vary in length. Sennheiser has fewer cable options but comes with an in-line remote control, and is lighter in weight, too.
Audio Technica ATH M50X Vs Sennheiser Momentum
|Audio Technica ATH M50X||Sennheiser Momentum|
|Key features||- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring, professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort. Detachable cable||- Closed back, over-ear design isolates ambient noise to maximize musical enjoyment.
- Premium leather ear pads and headband deliver softness and breathability for extreme comfort during long listening sessions
- Precision metal ear cups and stainless steel headband provide durability and enhance sonic performance
- 18-ohm operating impedance produces outstanding dynamics and overall output level with portable audio devices
- Luxurious hard carry case, standard and "i" device cables, and 1/4-Inch stereo adapter included. Two-year warranty.|
|Customer ratings*||4.7 out of 5.0 stars||4.3 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||Save 51% Please click here||Save 50% Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
If you simply seek for the one that sounds the best, then Audio Technica ATH M50X is the answer without a doubt. However, if you want something sleeker that doesn’t consume too much electricity from your mobile device, then Sennheiser Momentum can be great.