The USB port has become more and more widely used now. Everybody loves its universal compatibility, as it makes connecting various devices to each other very, very easy. Its data transfer rate is also getting more and more improved, along with the development of technology. Thus, there is no need to be surprised when people start to look for a USB microphone. Because of the extreme portability and compactness, people actually love USB microphones. Some products even have a very high quality that is comparable to studio condenser microphones. Two of these popular products are CAD U37 and Blue Yeti. Both are USB microphones; Blue Yeti is often considered as one of the best USB mics, while CAD U7 is praised for the budget-friendliness. Which one is best for you?
CAD U37 has several key features:
– It has a large condenser element, which causes it to have warm and rich tones. It emphasizes mids and highs well.
– It has a smooth, extended frequency response range of 20 Hz – 20 kHz, that is quite versatile. It can do for vocals, instruments, and also speeches and podcasts.
– It has a cardioid polar pattern. It picks up sounds best from the front side, and attenuates background noises that come from off-axis directions.
– It features two switches on the front. The first one is a -10dB overload-protection for controlling the sensitivity of the mic. For high sound pressure levels, like very loud voices and percussions, you need to activate the switch to achieve a good clarity. The second one is a bass-reduction switch that you can activate to minimize the presence of low frequencies, like wind noise, vent noise, or breath noise.
– It is a USB plug-and-play device compatible with Windows and Mac. You don’t need an additional driver. It records at 16-bit resolution and 48-kHz sampling rate. See also: CAD U37 Vs Blue Snowball.
Blue Yeti also has several key features:
– It has a tri-capsule array configuration, with three condenser capsules that can provide an exceptional recording quality for almost any kind of situations.
– It also has a frequency response range of 20 Hz – 20 kHz, suitable for various purposes.
– It has multiple polar patterns: cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, and stereo. Thus, it is extremely versatile and flexible for any kind of purposes, from vocals and instruments to speeches, voice-overs, and broadcasting.
– It features various controls. There is a gain control for easy handling of the input level, and also a mute button for immediate start/pause/stop. There is a zero-latency headphone output that you can utilize for direct monitoring of the recording, instead of hearing via your computer device that has some delay and signal noise.
– It is also a USB plug-and-play device compatible with Windows and Mac. It has 16-bit resolution and 48-kHz sampling rate as well.
CAD U37 Vs Blue Yeti
|CAD U37||Blue Yeti|
|Key features||- Large condenser microphone element for warm, rich recordings
- Cardioid pick-up pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the main sound source
- Smooth, extended frequency response is excellent for singing, speech and instruments
- It has 10dB overload-protection switch minimizes distortion from loud sound sources
- Bass-reduction switch reduces room noise||- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
- Plug 'n play - Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher) and PC (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP). Bit Rate: 16bit|
|Customer ratings*||4.3 out of 5.0 stars||4.5 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||Save Money Please click here||Save 28% Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Blue Yeti can give you the ultimate versatility and flexibility in usage. You can use it for almost any situation and purpose. It also gives you more precise control. Therefore, in general, Blue Yeti should be the way to go! But, if all you need are just a cardioid polar pattern, a -10dB pad, and a bass attenuator, then you can have them all already from CAD U37.