True, there are tons of aspects to compare when it comes to the greatest audio interfaces you can get from the market nowadays. Among the aspects, what about the battle between good software and good tools? Those aspects should be enough as your “baseline” to determine which product is the superior. Well, let’s try to find the best USB-based audio interfaces in Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 vs Presonus 1818vsl.
Futuristic Technology Is Brought Today!
As the latest generation of the company’s multi-channel USB-based audio interface, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 features scarlett mix control ultra-low-latency DSP mixer, 24-bit/ 96KHz USB 2.0 interface compatible for Mac, Windows, and iOs, dual independent headphones buses, and eight high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps. The combination of those features is able to make this product as the part of futuristic-technology gear. Not to mention, it produces low noises and minimal distortion.
Issues with Several Operating Systems
Presonus 1818vsl features VSL kernel mode DSP mixer, 24-bit/96KHz USB 2.0 recording interface, and 8 class A XMAX instrument preamps. Up to this point, it’s proven as a good tool. But, what about the software? It’s unfortunate, there is an incompatibility issue with Apple’s USB 3.0 chipset. When it is used for iMac 27”, the Logic Pro and audio is distorted. Some people who have used it claimed that such condition basically only happens occasionally. But, hey, when it comes to sound-enjoying activities, don’t we want to please the ears. The distortion will only make our ears annoyed. It also has the same issue with Windows 8. It’s quite a pity as the specifications are basically good enough – if not fabulous.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Vs Presonus 1818VSL
|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20||Presonus 1818VSL|
|Key features||- Eight high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz USB 2.0 interface compatible with Mac, Windows and iOS
- 18 inputs & 20 outputs with dual independent headphone buses
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router
- Includes an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite, Scarlett Plug-in Suite (RTAS/AU/VST), Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite (AAX/AU/VST), Novation Bass Station, and 1GB of Loopmasters samples||- 24-bit / 96k 18 x 18 USB 2.0 recording interface, with ADAT I/O for expansion of I/O
- 8 Class A XMAX mic/instrument preamps, with MIDI, S/PDIF, & ADAT I/O
- VSL (Virtual Studio Live) 26x8 Kernel mode DSP Mixer
- Bundle for Mac® and Windows® includes PreSonus Studio One Artist(TM) DAW, Capture(TM) live-recording software, Virtual StudioLive(TM) mixer-control software. Free StudioLive Remote iPad® wireless-control software available at the Apple App Store|
|Customer ratings*||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||3.2 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||SAVE 17%
please click here||SAVE 33%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
A Pitiful Outcome
Using award-winning preamp which is compatible with Mac, Windows and iOS, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 produces low sound and less distortion and is proven to have better quality than Presonus 1818vsl. So the winner of this comparison of Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 vs Presonus 1818vsl is Focusrite Scarlett 18i20.