The battle goes on! This time around, you and I are going to delve and compare another two products we previously have ever talked about, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and Apogee Duet. Since Apogee Duet is available in two variants: FireWire and USB, and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is in USB, we are going to focus the comparison with the USB variant of Apogee Duet to make it fair. They have way too much different price, so if you are unsure if you should purchase the Scarlett 2i2 or the Duet, it means you are uncertain whether you should be saving your money or spend them quite a lot on a single product. Hm, in this case, I suggest you not to be stingy. Have a look : Apogee Quartet Vs Duet.
Even though they both operate with USB 2.0, they have different quality. The Scarlett 2i2 has 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz playback rate. The Duet over-doubles with 24-bit / 192-kHz. Obviously, you can get much sharper and brighter sounds from the Duet. They both have two combo inputs that you can use for either XLR or ¼” mics. But the Duet has more output ports ready for usage than the Scarlett 2i2. Thus, don’t trouble yourself by being cheap – you can handle more complicated jobs easier with the Duet. Finally, Apogee Duet is a lot smaller, lighter, and sleeker. You can simply put the handy device in your bag and bring the portable device practically anywhere. Its design is much more elegant than Scarlett 2i2.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Vs Apogee Duet
|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2||Apogee Duet|
|Key features||- High quality mic preamps
- Excellent dital performance
- Rugged metal unibody case
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface, truly portable interface
- Includes an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite, Scarlett Plug-in Suite (RTAS/AU/VST), Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite (AAX/AU/VST), the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Novation Bass Station, and 1GB of Loopmasters samples||- First professional stereo audio interface for iPad
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software (iOS and Mac)
- 2 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion|
|Customer ratings*||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||4.0 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||SAVE 25%
please click here||SAVE 8%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
I am not saying that Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is bad, no. It is just, if you have the ability to buy a higher-class product, why bother yourself?? Apogee Duet offers all the higher-level qualities and definitely the best way to go. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is suitable if you are in dire need of an audio interface with acceptable qualities.