Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and PreSonus AudioBox are two audio interface devices often compete against each other. They have mixed reviews over the internet; some favor the Scarlet 2i2 while the others prefer the AudioBox. To be fair, they indeed have different edges on different spots. If you are uncertain whether you should choose the Scarlett 2i2 or the AudioBox, read on and see which one gives greater value for your money! Take a look : Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Vs 2i4.
PreSonus AudioBox works with USB port and supports MIDI as well. It is packed with 24 bit resolution, along with 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sampling rate, a standard for multimedia CDs which is sufficient enough to deliver high-quality sounds. There are two combo inputs with preamps and two outputs available. Its ports are sturdy and durable, providing easy but stable plugging for the user. The AudioBox is made of a metallic hardened case and has a mixer feature plus a direct monitor.
Meanwhile, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 received some praise for its nice performance. Like the AudioBox, it also has two inputs and two outputs. But, plugging is kind of difficult here as mentioned by some of the users because the ports are made of plastic. Strangely, the device does not come with any built-in mixer even though it has a direct monitor, which will not be any real use without the mixer itself. Most other audio interfaces are already equipped with a mixer in this price range, so this is a major drawback. The device does not support MIDI, too.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Vs PreSonus AudioBox
|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2||PreSonus AudioBox|
|Key features||- High quality mic preamps
- Excellent dital performance
- Rugged metal unibody case
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface, truly portable interface
- Includes an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite, Scarlett Plug-in Suite (RTAS/AU/VST), Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite (AAX/AU/VST), the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Novation Bass Station, and 1GB of Loopmasters samples||- Bus-powered USB audio and MIDI interface
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with high-performance, low-noise, high-headroom mic preamplifiers
- Zero-latency analog monitoring
- Includes Studio One 3 Artist DAW software and 6+ GB of third-party resources|
|Customer ratings*||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||3.9 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||SAVE MONEY
please click here||SAVE 25%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Although Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 offers a good performance, it compromises too many other aspects and looks somewhat overpriced. You can get more advantageous features with PreSonus AudioBox, without losing performance, so that is the one which gives greater value!