We are going to compare JBL LSR305 with again another product. This time, it is Mackie MR5. Both products are of decent quality in roughly the same class, but they have different traits and features. Let us see their differences so that we can understand where and when they are viable. Have a look : JBL LSR305 Vs Yamaha HS5.
The basic difference between JBL LSR305 and Mackie MR5 is the type of their amplifiers. JBL LSR305 uses Class-D Amps, which stands for digital amps, while Mackie MR5 utilizes Class-A/B Amps. Class-D Amps offers much higher power efficiency than Class-A/B Amps, but sometimes compromises the high-frequency audio reproduction. However, JBL LSR305 ameliorates the issue completely by having a sophisticated internal design to enhance high-frequency details. You can hear greater depth, better ambience, and more subtle details in your recordings with JBL LSR305. On the other hand, Class-A/B is typically inexpensive and have good power effciency, but not as good as Class-D.
Thus, it is quite evident why JBL LSR305 has a stronger total amplification than Mackie MR5. The RMS Power Rating of JBL LSR305 is 82 Watts while Mackie MR5’s is 50 Watts. You can experience louder yet still precise sounds from JBL LSR305. Also, JBL LSR305 is room-friendly, capable of delivering neutral sounds regardless of the room acoustic, so the speaker allows more versatile and flexible usages. Mackie MR5, however, supports RCA inputs. JBL LSR305 does not.
JBL LSR305 Vs Mackie MR5
|JBL LSR305||Mackie MR5|
|Key features||- This Bundle contains 2 items: Pair of JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors
- Increased HF Detail - You'll experience greater depth and ambience in recordings. Subtle details can be heard
- even in a dense mix.^Room-Friendly
- Broad Sweet Spot -3-Series speakers deliver neutral sound across an unusually large working space regardless of room acoustics.||- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle for smooth, wide sweet zone
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with Active protection circuits: 55W for LF / 30W for HF
- HF and LF acoustic controls for room correction
- Balanced XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs
- Ultra-low distortion 5.25-inch steel frame LF transducer, Waveguide loaded 1-inch high-resolution HF transducer|
|Customer ratings*||4.7 out of 5.0 stars||4.0 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||SAVE MONEY
please click here||SAVE MONEY
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
We can see that JBL LSR305 gives more benefits better performance than Mackie MR5. Therefore, it is generally the best choice here. Its room-friendliness is specifically very useful to ensure sound accuracy. Unfortunately, it does not support RCA inputs. If you desperately need to use RCA inputs, then Mackie MR5 is a viable option here.