Mackie comes with the CR (Creative Reference) Series for multimedia monitor speakers. Having studio-quality design, the manufacturer claims that the series is ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment. Currently, there are two models present in the series: CR3 and CR4. In a glance, the two models are very look alike with each other. Nay, really, even their physical looks are identical except for a miniature difference in size. If you are currently considering to buy one of the two models but still trying to figure out which one has better value, we will hint you some key differences between them. Take a look : Mackie CR4 Vs M-Audio AV40.
First, generally speaking, both CR3 and CR4 are not precisely sufficient to be regarded as the primary choice for studio environment, and Mackie does not claim them that way too. However, they are indeed great multimedia speakers sounding a lot nicer than most common speakers, excellent for application with your computers and gadgets, either at office or at home. Both cabinets are made of wood, instead of plastic, making them sound fuller. Also, you may need to know that both models are coming in a pair of speakers. Only have one active speaker having the power amp while the other speaker is entirely passive.
While CR3 and CR4 are polypropylene-coated and using ferro-fluid cooled silk-dome tweeter, Mackie CR3 has a 3” woofer while Mackie CR4 has a 4” woofer – hence the names. This is also a factor of why the CR4 is slightly bigger in its overall size. The speakers of the CR4 are also heavier than CR3’s speakers. So, you may find that Mackie CR3 is easier to be brought around and more flexible in placement. However, Mackie CR4 offers stronger power and performance: it has a higher peak SPL and a wider frequency response range, possibly handles low frequencies better.
Mackie CR3 Vs CR4
|Mackie CR3||Mackie CR4|
|Key features||- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Professional-grade components for optimized sonic performance
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (80 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR3's convenient speaker placement switch
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it||- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (80Hz - 20kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR4's convenient speaker placement switch
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it
- Plug your smartphone or other source right into the front of the speakers and listen instantly|
|Customer ratings*||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||4.4 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||SAVE 23%
please click here||SAVE 25%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
If you want to save some money or simply want the fullest benefits out of your expenses, then you should choose Mackie CR3 as it is cheaper yet offers pleasurable qualities already. If, for some reasons, you want to get bigger and deeper and fuller sounds, then Mackie CR4 can give you so.