Many people often compare the recently trending Mackie CR4 Creative Reference Multimedia Monitor with M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Active Studio Monitor Speakers. No wonder; despite being classified as multimedia speakers, Mackie CR4 sounds very astonishing. And since each product is coming as a pair of speakers, also they both are in the same price class, this comparison is fascinating. If you need some advice over these two pairs of loud hailers, read on!
Mackie CR4 is a pair of multimedia monitors with studio-quality design. It has 4” polypropylene-coated woofer and 0.75” ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter. The amplifier is singular here, so the amp works both for low-frequency and high-frequency, with 50 Watts of total power. By the way, between the two speakers, only one is active while the other is passive. Hence, the amp is only located in one of them while the other is connected to the active one via cable. Given Mackie CR4’s ultra wide frequency response range (70 Hz – 20,000 Hz) and the wooden body construction, the product delivers extraordinary audio performance. Sounds are big, deep, and full. Also, for your convenience, Mackie CR4 supports a lot of connectivity options. Its bundle already includes most of the things: 1/8” to RCA cable, 1/8” to 1/8” cable, also the speaker-to-speaker cable.
M-Audio AV40, on the other hand, is somewhat similar with 4” polypropylene-coated woofer and a wider 1” ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeter. It also has wooden cabinet to produce deep, rich sounds. However, its frequency response range is somewhat narrower especially on the low-frequency sector. Also, although the product has separate 20 Watts per channel amps, the total power is still lower than Mackie CR4. The result, M-Audio AV40 sounds fine, but still inferior to its contender here. Not as powerful especially on the bass. However, M-Audio AV40 also supports the same level of easiness in connectivity. (Have a look: M-Audio AV40 Vs AV42)
Mackie CR4 Vs M-Audio AV40
|Mackie CR4||M-Audio AV40|
|Key features||- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (80Hz - 20kHz)
- CR4's convenient speaker placement switch
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it
- Plug your smartphone or other source right into the front of the speakers and listen instantly||- 4-inch polypropylene-coated woofers - tight, accurate bass
- 1-inch ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters - clear, smooth highs
- OptImage III tweeter wave guides - precision imaging for a balanced stereo field
- 20-watt-per-channel amplifier with Class A/B architecture - professional design and fidelity
- Magnetic shielding - reduces interference with other equipment, perfect for multimedia and video work|
|Customer ratings*||4.5 out of 5.0 stars||4.2 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||SAVE 25%
please click here||SAVE 10%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
So, between Mackie CR4 and M-Audio AV40, we can say that Mackie CR4 is the winner here. Its performance is simply better.